5 Questions for PlumThyme Founder
We believe it’s nice to get to know more not only about the brand, but also who is behind it.
So today, on Lana’s special day (Happy Birthday!!!) she answers some questions about her experience with reusable pads, PlumThyme in particular, what she enjoys about it and how it can help the planet.
Q. What is your experience with cloth pads? Do you use your own product?
– I discovered cloth pads in 2021 and never looked back since! I use PlumThyme pads and occasionally pads from other brands to take notes of any possible improvements we can make to our pads.
Q. What’s your favorite PlumThyme product?
– Heavy flow pad! My flow is super heavy for 2-3 days and then barely anything for another 2-3 days. Heavy flow pad does an amazing job and I make sure to take a spare pad in a pad wrapper when I go out for the day.
Q. Why do you believe it’s important to use reusable menstrual products instead of disposable ones?
– Firstly, the waste. Single use pads and tampons have a devastating effect on the environment. We throw away up to 300 pounds of them in a lifetime! Also cloth pads are so much more comfortable.
Q. Do you think we can create a real change by switching to cloth pads?
– We certainly can! It would be a huge win for our planet and also for our health considering how many unnecessary chemicals are in disposable products.
Q. What do you find the most interesting in creating PlumThyme products?
– Encouraging people to try one and hearing how reusable pads changed their life. I believe we already have enough personal stories to write a book!